Thursday 28 June 2012

Everyday nothings





Things have been fairly quiet at Casa Chanders of late: our visitors went home, but unfortunately we have all had a flu; and this, coupled with rubbish weather, has meant a quiet interlude in our little lives.  Not that I'm complaining, as it's been lovely spending some time with the two little chanders men; and  I've had a little crochet time aswell.

As you can see, the Cath-Kidston inspired blanket is coming on well:  I had already made some squares, but starting to join them has inspired me and I've got a little crochet mojo back again at the mo.  I'm using Lucy at Attic 24's method of joining them, as I think it gives the best appearance, and her instructions are so easy to follow.

Other than that, it's been fairly quiet, lots of watching Mary Poppins and reading Shirley Hughes; making comfort food like pancakes for breakfast; cottage pie; and hoping the weather will turn again.  It's hard on the eldest chander not to get out to the garden, but it's been so wet here I couldn't even let him go out in his waterproofs and wellies.  Here's to a little light relief soon.  Take care.




No comments:

Post a Comment