Saturday 23 June 2012

For the love of crochet....

As stated previously, i love making things, and of all the disciplines, crochet is my favourite. I'm obviously relatively new to the whole crochet lark - my eldest boy is three; when I was expecting him, I had to finish work earlier than I would have liked in order to rest. I needed to keep busy in a sitting position, so I took up crochet.

Most of the stuff I learned from surfing the net, particularly blogs like Lucy's wonderful Attic 24. I can't thank her enough, such wonderful tutorials, such inspiring makes. I'll not lie, I initially thought it (or I) was a lost cause; it's so much easier when someone sits beside you and shows you how to do something (like my great Aunt Cassie showed me how to knit) but I'm a stubborn little thing and before you know it I was rippling with the best of them.

I am similar to so many fellow crocheters in that I've about five or six projects on the go at the one time - much to my husband's chagrin, when he discovers another bag of wool tucked into a secret cupboard. But by and large, I do get round to finishing things - eventually.

At the moment I am:




- working on a Cath Kidston - inspired blanket for our playroom : I'm just using some cheap acrylic from a local woolshop . I'm doing large granny squares and I'm at the stage of thinking of joining them.




  Ireally need to finish a lovely uberlarge granny square throw for the living room inspired by
the colours of the railway poster I showed you a few posts ago. I'm using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for it - it's so soft and heavy and perfect for winter. I just have to do a round or two more and a border.

- I have recently fallen in love with shawls through the wonder that is Ravelry; I discovered the South Bay Shawlette pattern through this wonderful website and have been working on a shawl as a gift; using the most delicious Debbie Bliss Angel wool. I love this wool so much - but woe betide you if you need to frog a section.


Anyway, that's a little sample of a few of my projects; I'm hoping that by blogging about them, I might put a wee bit of pressure on myself to get on with it and finish a few things......

No comments:

Post a Comment