Monday 23 July 2012

Emma's Antiques - 1. Poole Pottery


April 2011 Edition, if you're interested!
I love antiques and vintage - i suppose it stands to reason, given my taste in books and style; I get the wonderful Homes and Antiques magazine on subscription and look forward to my monthly treat of all things vintage and antiquarian (I also love magazine subscriptions - especially when the postie pops your magazine through the letterbox when you're least expecting it - but that's a different topic altogether).



Anyway, one article that I really enjoyed was one regarding Deco Poole Pottery - I knew that I was hooked as soon as I saw the wonderful floral images. I have been scouring our local charity shops for a piece, to no avail. I then decided to explore a different outlet - my old favourite - eBay - and I purchased this little treat very reasonably indeed - a few pounds only. In fact, the postage and packing was more expensive than the plate!


Anyone for cake?

It is, of course, a cake plate, and is in great condition. Looking at the stamp for Poole, there is, I would think, no huge age to it; but I just love it and know it will get plenty of use for scones and buns etc. Its also nice to like something that is quite affordable, especially compared to the ridiculous prices for cake stands one sees nowadays in department stores and gift shops and the like. And for my next Poole purchase? We'll see - maybe a wee jug or vase, but only if the price is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment