Monday 16 July 2012

Let them eat cake.

Apologies for the lack of posting, my dental abscess took slightly longer to recuperate from.  A sizable portion of crocheting and watching Wimbledon, as well as antibiotics, seems to have done the trick.  I hope to show you my Cath Kidston-inspired blanket soon,  but in the meantime, I have another pressing matter to complete.

My mum and dad are 40 years married this Thursday - no mean feat; so we are sending them on a jolly few days jaunt at a local hostelry of some repute.  On their return on Friday, we plan to have a little family party at ours to celebrate (which is what they would want, I hope!).  I am going to have a stab at making the cake.



Now for the confession - I am not a baker; but over the last year or two, I have been giving it a whirl with the aid of my trusty Mary Berry book.  This is the cake I made for my son's recent third airplane-inspired birthday party in June.  A simple Victoria sponge, the only thing I was unhappy with was the crinkles in the blue icing.  It tasted quite nice too.  So, I am going to try and make a simple sponge again and a simple decoration for the anniversary (maybe some roses or the like).  Please keep your fingers and toes crossed it's not a culinary disaster....

No comments:

Post a Comment