Saturday 21 July 2012

Mrs Chanders Bakes.....

Well, what a lovely evening we had yesterday, at the "Ruby Murray Curry Night" to celebrate my parents' Ruby Wedding Anniversary. It was so named because my husband, who is Indian, did the main courses (our family love Indian food) - and delicious it was too. Everyone wore red, and it was great fun. 
And the cake, I hear you ask? Well, i was very pleased with it - it was very plain and simple; but it turned out just as I had hoped - and it tasted quite good too! I used my trusted Mary Berry recipe for a Victoria sponge with buttercream; ready rolled white icing; and then made some red sugarpaste roses and leaves - I found The Pink Whisk's website advice invaluable for icing and flower making.

Anyway, back to a quiet weekend of dinosaur - reading; golf watching and hopefully, a little hooky time, peut - etre. A bientot.

No comments:

Post a Comment