Monday 6 August 2012

Loving the Olympics

I am not a particularly sporty person; rather, I love sport, but am not particularly good at it! I love to watch lots of sports; and therefore, I am in my element with the current coverage of the Olympics. It's particularly lovely to see local athletes do so well - particularly when the media like to apply so much pressure. The eldest Master Chander is enjoying himself immensely: although the weather has been rather rubbish here, he has been inspired by the Olympics and we have a gold medal ceremony for the 10 metre dash around the kitchen at least 10 times a day.


Otherwise, I have started a new project; I am starting to make a few pressies for a certain celebration in December - namely a few crochet blankets for some children we know and love. The colour scheme is not one that I would consider, but I think it works - I might even try one without the cornflower blue. I'm just sticking to a large granny square as I find them therapeutic to do. Just the usual acrylic, which can withstand the vigours of a childhood.


Anyway, back to the Olympics, a bit of sailing, perhaps? Or athletics? Or maybe even a little gymastics - I don't mind.  Good luck to all, and talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment