Sunday 12 August 2012

Things that make you go oohlaalaa...


I am preparing myself, no doubt as many of you are, for the POBs....(post-Olympic Blues); I've always loved watching sport, but I think you would need a heart of glass not to have been moved by some of the scenes from this Olympics. So, in order to soften the blow, I am trying to find joy in the little things around the house:
1. Burning my lovely Jo Malone pomegranate noir candle which seems to be lasting forever (a gifted candle, I hasten to add).
2.  Making new, simple food and it tasting like one hoped: e.g. Spanish chicken with chorizo and potatoes (from Nigella's website here); or baked nectarines with brown sugar, smothered with clotted cream ice-cream and broken meringues (honestly, it tasted as good as it sounds!)

3.  Catching up on my magazine subscriptions: thank heaven for certain clubcard vouchers.....


4.  And finally, I'm very excited to have started reading a new book - The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce. When I was buying it, I said to the assistant how excited I was as I had been looking to treat myself to it for some time; she said she was just glad someone was buying a book other than a certain "Fifty-something Book"! I started reading it yesterday, and so far, it's as good as I had wished; and I have high hopes it will continue. Take care until we meet again. Em

1 comment:

  1. Those baked nectarines sound delicious. Thank you for your sweet comment on my nesting bowls. :):)

    ReplyDelete