Friday 21 September 2012

Crochet update....

 
Aah, crochet. As the nights get darker earlier, so the littlest Chanders' go to sleep a little earlier, and I can gather the wool and hook in my arms, to cosy into the sofa and do a little crochet before bed beckons. But still, not as much as I'd like, as Mr Chanders is on night duty and by the time I have all the household necessaires completed, I'm often flagging. Anyway, this isn't a moaning post, rather a little reminder of what I have started; and what remains to be done.
1. The "Big Round" Blanket.... a rather satisfying little project; so far I have 11 squares completed. I'm happy with the colours and the pattern thus far; but it has taken a little bit of a backseat for...
2. Baby blankets - I realised, last week, that two of my closest chums are both expecting little ones soon; so I have started one baby blanket - the usual suspects of colour (namely, my Cath K inspired colours), although the yellow is a little more sunshine than the usual lemon. The yarn, however, is acrylic: I was so pleased with my previous experience that I'm happy to use it for gifts.
3. The "South Bay Shawlette" - nothing has changed with this; but I'm putting it on to (gently) encourage me to get a MOVE ON and finish this (particularly as this will form part of a pressie for a dear one come Christmas)
4. The girlie blanket : again, another potential gift for December for a special young lady - I'm now onto my second square, as you can see. I just love the simplicity of granny squares; I never get bored from them.
 
5. And finally: a new stash - this is some Debbie Bliss "Prima" cotton that I procured from my favourite eBay seller, aileen55, over the past while. I'm loving the colours; a little muted compared to my regular taste - I'm hoping to use these for either some Chrimbo gifts, or failing this, a cushion cover or two.
 
Anyway, that's the latest goings on in my woollen wonderland. We shall see how things pan out over the next month or two. Have a super weekend. Em

No comments:

Post a Comment