Tuesday 4 September 2012

A little bit of crochet..

Welcome all... It has been rather quiet here of late - the eldest Master Chander had his open day at nursery school, which was wonderful; Mr Chander has just done some professional exams (not so wonderful); and in the interim, I seem to have acquired a chest infection (wonderfully bad). Anyhow, the worst is over, and at least I have had the incredibly inspiring Paralympic games for company (although I wish Channel Four wouldn't insist on tv adverts at every turn). Every day I see another example of human endeavour at it's finest; I didn't think it was possible, but I think I prefer the Paralympics to the Olympics - despite the fact I knew more about the Olympic competitors at the beginning.
 
 

I have managed a little crochet and have started my squares with the Debbie Bliss Amalfi - it's not a bad cotton to work with, although I have noticed some colours seem more prone to knots than others; and now that I've done a few of the "Big Round" squares, I have got the hang of the pattern without having to check it every five minutes. I've had to stop as I didn't order enough Ecru shade (that's the cream one for the borders) and am willing my postman to stop every day with more supplies. Anyway, better go and watch some more Paralympics (there's only five more days to go.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment