Monday 17 September 2012

The princess of china...

 
Good Monday folks, I hope you are all well.  I just thought I would share a little car-boot and charity shopping with you.  Mr Chanders (for the first time and probably the last) joined me with the little ones early on Saturday morning to our local sale; not early enough for me; but I made an exception as such enthusiasm should not be trampled on.  And then, we went to a couple of local favourite charity shops.  The plate above was from one of the shops; I love it because my mum has the exact plate; a gift from my paternal grandfather as she admired it , when he lived in England.  So I was rather pleased to snap it up; perfect and with a plate hanger already attached.  Maybe the two plates shall  be reunited one day....

 
 
This is a much larger plate; very simple in style; again in another charity shop; for a few pence.  A lovely, simple design; not fussy and will hold a few sandwiches or buns; and in perfect condition.
 
 
Finally, my favourite. I love jugs, with a mini collection on my kitchen windowsill; and managed to pick up this lovely blue and white Spode example at the car boot from a lovely lady. It had a little chip already fixed; but nothing bad enough to put me off for a pound or two. I love the blue and white china; but it's getting harder and harder to find at boot sales and charity shops. So the windowsill has a new recruit to the Jug brigade; and I am two plates richer. Anyway, time to go; my sofa, two little chaps, a book and a blanket are calling.....take care.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment